NAWRA is holding a one-day ‘Benefits and Pensions‘ training course free to NAWRA members.
About the training course
Pensions can have a complex relationship with benefits and, at this time of increasing financial pressure, we are seeing more people making use of them as a resource outside a regular retirement income.
This session looks at a number of issues which are often poorly understood. The options which are available after the introduction of the pension freedoms in 2016 give lower income pension savers choices for the first time and the results of those changes can be very different in terms of real income, especially for benefit claimants.
The session will look at:
- The state pension
- Occupational and private pensions – Defined Contribution, Defined Benefit and why the difference matters
- Types of pensions and the ways in which they can be used
- The relationship with benefits for working age and for retirement age clients
- Notional income from untaken pension savings
- Where does tax come into play
- Cliff edges and flat lines – how to find them
Presented by Gareth Morgan who (he says) has been boring people about pensions for far too long.
Dates and locations
The course will take place from 10am to 4pm with breaks for coffee and lunch.
- Manchester: Tuesday 14 November 2023 at Garden Court North Chambers, 3rd Floor Blackfriars House, Parsonage, Manchester M3 2JA.
- London: Monday 20 November 2023 at The Woolwich Centre, 35 Wellington St, London SE18 6HQ.
- Bristol: Tuesday 12 December 2023 at 100 Temple St, Bristol BS1 6AG.
- Swansea: Wednesday 17 January 2024 at Civic Centre, Oystermouth Road, Swansea, SA1 3SN.
- Your venue?: Gareth is happy to travel to your venue. If your organisation can provide a free training room please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will advertise the course to NAWRA members locally.
How to book
To book a place email email@example.com with the following information:
- your name
- the name of the organisation you represent
- the date/location of the event you wish to attend
The training courses are free for NAWRA members to attend.
Do you have any accessibility needs? If so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that arrangements can be made at the venue.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com
Many thanks to Gareth Morgan for writing and teaching the course and offering it to NAWRA members at no charge.