Our next NAWRA conference will take place on Thursday 3 and Friday 4 December 2020. We’re unable to visit Norwich as planned but all members are welcome to join us on Zoom.
The conference will include keynote speakers, presentations and workshops on a range of interesting and useful topics.
NAWRA conferences are an opportunity for you to share some knowledge and get feedback from members working in a diverse variety of advice settings.
Read the agenda. Booking information has been sent to NAWRA members by email.
NAWRA events are only open to members. Find out more about joining NAWRA.
NAWRA met on Zoom on 10 and 11 September 2020. Slides and notes from the event are available now in the members area.
Craig Samuel, NAWRA’s rep for Scotland, has written a report on our members experiences of helping clients to claim PIP during the COVID-19 pandemic. Read the report.
Thursday 30th July 2020 from 10 am to 12 noon (via Zoom).
- What have you learnt from the ‘lockdown’ about different ways of working? What has been positive, what has been less successful, and what have you done to help overcome problems and barriers?
- Has your workload changed? Has it increased or reduced? Have the types of enquiries changed?
- Has your funding been affected or is likely to be affected in the future? Have you taken on more staff, or lost colleagues?
- What do you need to happen so that you feel safe returning to work? What about venues you don’t directly control (e.g. outreach services)?
- Are there new ways of working that you will take forward, even when it is ‘safe’ to return to office working?
- How will you hold team meetings, training and similar events in future?
On 30th July, you can join colleagues from across the UK to discuss these, and other issues, as part of our latest NAWRA online event.
The session will open with a brief outline of the key issues from our Chair, Alan Markey, and from NAWRA committee member Corin Hammersley. Alan will look at these issues from the perspective of his own charity, Coventry Independent Advice Service, and Corin will look at things from a local authority welfare rights perspective.
We will then break into small groups to discuss these topics and share experiences, coming back together at the end for a feedback session. We are sure that everyone present will take away something from the event that will be useful in their own workplace.
We are keen for members to volunteer to lead the group discussions and feedback to the main session from their group. If you would like to volunteer for this in advance, please let us know by emailing email@example.com
Booking for the event will be via an Eventbrite link sent to members. Please put the session in your diaries now!
NAWRA events on Zoom – some guidelines and useful tips
As always, NAWRA events are free but open to members only. Find out about joining.
Craig Samuel, NAWRA’s rep for Scotland, would like to find out about your experience of supporting clients to claim PIP during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please complete the survey by 30 July.
If you have any questions or additional comments please contact Craig directly at firstname.lastname@example.org