The National Association of Welfare Rights Advisers (NAWRA) is a membership based organisation for social welfare advice providers across the UK.
Our aims and objectives are-
- To challenge, influence and improve welfare rights policy and legislation;
- To promote NAWRA as the national voice of welfare rights advisers.
- To build a strong national network of welfare rights advisers from all sectors;
- To seek to influence government proposals and existing legislation by utilising the expertise of our members;
- To identify and share good practice and to promote anti-discriminatory practice;
- To offer mutual support and provide a forum for discussion;
- To facilitate learning workshops and distribute information;
- To recognise and challenge discriminatory legislation;
- To promote welfare rights issues and encourage effective partnership working.
Membership of NAWRA is available to groups or individuals working in the welfare rights field and/or who support our aims and objectives.
Find out more about joining NAWRA.