The committee directs the policy and general management of the affairs of NAWRA. It consists of representatives from each of the English regions plus two from Wales, one from Scotland, one from Northern Ireland and one nominated by CPAG. This gives a total of 14 representatives.
The representatives of the English regions and Wales must be elected every two years at our AGM. Our meeting in Belper on 11 March 2016 acts as our AGM this year.
Following a call to stand in January 2016, the following candidates have been nominated. Click each name to read the candidate statement.
- North West – Terry Patterson, Manchester Council
- North East – Julie Henry, Durham County Council
- Yorkshire & The Humber – Jim McKenny, Kirklees Council
- West Midlands – Alan Markey, Coventry Independent Advice Service
- East Midlands – Juan Ramirez, Rushcliffe Advice Network
- East – position vacant
- London – Maureen Arthur, Family Mosaic
- London – Corin Hammersley, Greenwich Welfare Rights
- South-East – Jenny Wood, Eastbourne Citizens Advice Bureau
- South-West – Daphne Hall, LASA
Wales (two reps) –
- Eri Mountbatten, Aberystwyth University Students Union OR Richard Jones Abbas, Unite Community OR Tom Messere, Big Book of Benefits and Mental Health/ Maggie’s
Members in Wales will be receiving a ballot paper by email.