The next NAWRA conference will take place on Thursday 10 September 2020 (1.00pm-4.30pm) and Friday 11 September 2020 (9.30am-1.15pm) on Zoom. There will also be a social evening and a yoga class.
The agenda is available now. Booking information has been sent to members by email.
NAWRA conferences are free to attend and open to members only. Find out about joining.
New to Zoom? Read our guide and test your set up in advance.
If you have any questions then do contact us.
Thursday 30th July 2020 from 10 am to 12 noon (via Zoom).
- What have you learnt from the ‘lockdown’ about different ways of working? What has been positive, what has been less successful, and what have you done to help overcome problems and barriers?
- Has your workload changed? Has it increased or reduced? Have the types of enquiries changed?
- Has your funding been affected or is likely to be affected in the future? Have you taken on more staff, or lost colleagues?
- What do you need to happen so that you feel safe returning to work? What about venues you don’t directly control (e.g. outreach services)?
- Are there new ways of working that you will take forward, even when it is ‘safe’ to return to office working?
- How will you hold team meetings, training and similar events in future?
On 30th July, you can join colleagues from across the UK to discuss these, and other issues, as part of our latest NAWRA online event.
The session will open with a brief outline of the key issues from our Chair, Alan Markey, and from NAWRA committee member Corin Hammersley. Alan will look at these issues from the perspective of his own charity, Coventry Independent Advice Service, and Corin will look at things from a local authority welfare rights perspective.
We will then break into small groups to discuss these topics and share experiences, coming back together at the end for a feedback session. We are sure that everyone present will take away something from the event that will be useful in their own workplace.
We are keen for members to volunteer to lead the group discussions and feedback to the main session from their group. If you would like to volunteer for this in advance, please let us know by emailing email@example.com
Booking for the event will be via an Eventbrite link sent to members. Please put the session in your diaries now!
NAWRA events on Zoom – some guidelines and useful tips
As always, NAWRA events are free but open to members only. Find out about joining.
Craig Samuel, NAWRA’s rep for Scotland, would like to find out about your experience of supporting clients to claim PIP during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please complete the survey by 30 July.
If you have any questions or additional comments please contact Craig directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our quarterly meetings are held around the country and include keynote speakers, workshops and a range of networking and professional development opportunities.
Our meeting in Stoke on Trent planned for 12 June 2020 will no longer take place at Staffordshire University. However, we are pleased to announce two online events.
- Friday 15 May 2020 a special COVID-19 NAWRA event online with two interactive workshops focusing on the current benefit changes, homeworking issues and dealing with new ways of working. Read the agenda.
- Thursday 11 June and Friday 12 June 2020 ‘Stoke-on-Line’ – a virtual version of our planned conference with guest speakers, workshops, information exchange, pub quiz and yoga. Split over two days. More details here.
NAWRA meetings are only open to members. Find out more about joining NAWRA.
Housing Systems have put together an e-learning module on coronavirus and benefits.
This is freely available to everyone.
The team at Housing Systems hope you find it useful and would encourage you to share it with colleagues in other roles, such as housing workers or social workers, who might find it helpful too.